Pages

Friday, January 22, 2010

Julia

MK and I recently watched Julie & Julia. Dad, if you and Mom haven't seen this movie yet, you should pick it up from Family Video. I think you'd both really enjoy it. I had heard good comments about the movie but wasn't really sure if I'd get into it. Well, I did...and I think the movie gave me a little inspiration.

MK and I have really been trying to get our butts in gear about eating right and staying active. Sounds so easy, but as most of you know, changing unhealthy habits sucks. We have more than enough knowledge (MK's the bodybuilder/trainer and I play the nutritionist), but we are lacking effort, accountability, and proper rewards (why not reward a pound lost or a trip to the gym with Ben & Jerry's Ice Cream?!).

But I've pulled out a few recipes from all my old Parents magazines and am dedicated to at least trying to set aside some time to cook. As most of you know, I enjoy baking. Not cooking. But here's my attempt to be a better wife and mother. All the delicious recipes are going into a small note book I received for Christmas (thanks, Dad Kole). I made my first recipe on Wednesday...and it was a success! This was also my first crack ever at a quiche! YUM!

Cheese & Spinach Pie Tart

Norah is slowly developing her crawling skills. No, she's not crawling yet, but she's so close! MK and I have been cheering her on and coaxing her with toys. At the moment, her movement is similar to an army crawl. However, once she's able to push her weight off with her knees...she'll be gone...and I'll be one tired mama.


Just look at that smile...so cute. But I think that face also says, "Mom, watch out. I'm gonna be a little stinker."

Thanks to a Target gift card from Momma T(thank you!), we bought Norah a new car seat. She was outgrowing her old one by both the height and weight guidelines. Here's Norah enjoying the big car seat box:


I'm enjoying the last night of peace. All the residents move back in tomorrow. And tomorrow will officially begin my countdown to the end of the semester. Hehe. This next week is going to be a bit hectic with Marshall and I trying to figure out a new routine that works for all three of us. Marshall will have different hours this semester, and I have accepted a new work schedule at PF. Once my old shift is covered, I will be working M - F from 2:00 - 10:00 (closing shift). This means we will probably have to rely a bit more on sitters, and I will frequently get a little less sleep...but I think it'll be worth it. I'll have my Sunday's back, allowing the three of us to go to church and just spend quality time together. I'm excited!

And last but not least, my Christmas present had the final touches added today:


I love and miss you all.

No comments: