I baked a couple of loaves of banana bread today. They turned out pretty well, though nothing too special. The apartment smelled great for a couple of hours, though, as the smell of fresh baked goods permeated the air.
Sarah really hasn't been feeling well for the past day or two. She had a fever tonight of just over 100 degrees. Apparently, fevers during pregnancy aren't of much concern until they exceed 102-103 degrees. Who knew? She's drinking a lot of fluids, though, and taking it pretty easy. She'll continue the taking-it-easy trend tomorrow, too, because Sunday in our house means watching roughly nine hours of football. It's good to be an adult.
Here are a couple of answers to a couple of questions which we have been getting quite frequently:
- We are going to find out the sex of the baby, but we're not going to tell anyone outside of our marriage. It's important to us that we know, but we don't think it's important that everyone else share that knowledge. We want to know in order to have a stronger connection to the child before it is born, not in order to buy blue or pink outfits or whatever. Truth be told, we'll probably dress our child in both blue and pink, regardless of the sex. We'll dress our child in whatever is cheapest, actually.
- The kids name will be Isaiah Wiley Kole if it's a boy, or Nora(h) Wiley Kole if it's a girl. The H on Nora(h) is currently under debate. We're set on these names and have been since before we were engaged to be married (October 28th, 2006, to be exact).
I am sure that there are countless other things that I could say or share, but I think that pretty much covers the couple of things that most people seem to care about as far as baby stuff goes. I'm sure we'll have more say about other baby-related issues as the pregnancy progresses.
A little more than a dozen kids from my hall got together today to play some ultimate frisbee. I went to play with them because 1) I love ultimate frisbee, 2) I haven't played in forever, and 3) it's sort of my job to hang out with my students. While I work out on a fairly regular basis, I must admit that an hour and a half of ultimate frisbee really wore me out. I'm sore like I haven't been for awhile. So it goes...
I wish I were here right now...
From :55 seconds into it until the end.
Amazing.
RIP MLIW. Sad that I'll never get to see another show.
The vice presidential debate wasn't quite the shit storm that I thought it would be. Palin didn't eat her foot too terribly, even if she scripted every line she delivered. It seems that she's taking the "positive" performance (and the "victory" it won her) as a directive to be more of the "pitbull" she was hired to be. She labeled Obama earlier tonight as someone who is "palling around with terrorists" because of some very distant and loose ties he has to a radical activist from the 1960's who engaged then in acts of violent revolution. Ridiculous. Grasping at straws...
First rule of politics: Always answer the question you wish you had been asked during interviews and debates. Palin took care of this on Friday night.
Second rule of politics: Resort to character attacks and destroy the reputation of your opponent if you yourself have no character or reputation of which to speak. Looks like we're headed in that direction...
Third rule of politics: Always call yourself middle-class, even if you hold major office and have personal or familial ties to multi-billion dollar corporations. Yep... Ten-four there, too.
What a fucking joke. What a sad commentary.
I had a doctors appointment this past Wednesday. I'm pretty healthy, I guess, besides having high blood pressure. Also, I'm 6'2" now. I've always been 6'1", but not anymore. That's pretty cool. I've always sort of wished that I was taller. I think 6'6" would be an awesome height. I'll just keep eating my vegetables...
That's all for now. I'm going to adjust my fantasy football line-up for tomorrow, and then I'll be going to bed. Have a good night everyone.
Stay Gold,
MMK
P.S. - If you didn't catch it earlier, I do, in fact, believe that Sarah Palin (and McCain, both independently and by association) are jokes that are being played on the American public. The thought that an angry, bitter, old man and a clueless, irrationally angry, doe-eyed "hockey mom" (like that's more than just an arbitrary title invented to draw voters into a surface-level connection with her politics) might be running our country come January is entirely laughable. Call me angry or rude or out-of-line, if you want, but I'll remind you that they set the rules for how our political discourse should play itself out.
No comments:
Post a Comment