It's coming up on Homecoming weekend here at UNH. There's a parade tomorrow night, a football game on Saturday, and a hockey game on Sunday. It's kind of weird being on a campus where the school's hockey team is a bigger deal than the football team, but that's how they do things up here in New England, I suppose. I will be the one Hall Director on duty for the entire campus this weekend, but I'm hoping that the students here don't get too out of control.
I need a haircut. We'll see if Sarah feels up to styling my coif this weekend. She's gotten pretty good at it. Having her cut my hair saves us money, too, since she is pretty cool with working for high-fives and a more handsome husband. I don't think I've payed for a haircut (besides for a formal event or something) for almost five years now. Awesome.
Here's what I'm listening to lately, if you care to know:
H2O - "Nothing to Prove" (New record from a quality old school sxe band)
The Wedding - "The Sound and The Steel" (Jesusy pop-punk)
Relient K - "The Birds and The Bee Sides" (More Jesusy pop-punk, but with style)
Verse - "Aggression" (The album that taught me to like this band)
The Warriors - "Genuine Sense of Outrage" (This album melts my face with its goodness)
Sarah has been feeling better over the past couple of days. She has a head cold that she can't seem to shake, but it seems like her nausea and fatigue has been dying off a bit. I'm hoping that this trend continues. It's pretty shitty to see your wife feeling terrible all the time, yet be personally powerless to really do anything to help. I'm sure that my discomfort pales in comparison to hers, though, so I won't pity myself too much. I just hope that the second trimester is all it's cracked up to be.
We're both looking forward to being back in Iowa over Christmas break. We'd like the time to pass a bit more quickly, but we'll be patient. As quickly as time seems to be going, though, I'm sure that the vacation will be here before we know it. Let us know if you'd like to see us while we're home. If it works out with our travel plans, we'll do our best. I think we're planning on being in Iowa from December 23rd until January 2nd.
That's it for now. I showered earlier tonight, but I might want to get another one in before I go crawl in bed. I'd hate to be kicked out of bed for being too smelly, or something.
Stay Gold!
MMK
P.S. - I've discovered the true explanation for the extinction of the dinosaurs.
No comments:
Post a Comment