Pages

Saturday, October 18, 2008

Cleaning

Sarah and I cleaned the apartment today. Well, one of us did more than the other. It was probably 75% Sarah and 25% me. I guess that's how it goes sometimes. Anyway, it looks nice. We're preparing for company later this week. One of my good friends from Iowa State will be coming through NH with his wife on Wednesday, so we're going to spend the afternoon and evening showing them around the area a little bit. They're absolutely great people, so we're stoked that they'll be here.

It's getting chilly here. I was wearing a hoodie and jeans outside tonight at about 8pm and very well could have had a coat on, too. Everyone keeps telling us just to "wait for the snow." This statement is always accompanied by a sly smile and some snickering. I tend to think that people here don't realize that Iowa is nearly at the same latitude as this part of New Hampshire, and that we get some pretty wicked winters back home. Oh well... I'm not worrying about the winters here, really. We'll survive.

I have MTVU on in the background and they are playing the newest T-Pain video. I just heard him say "I'll put you in a mansion somewhere is Wis-Can-Sin." Really, T-Pain? Really? What a stretch... I guess that's what you get, though, for being a total joke of a musician who lacks any talent whatsoever.

"We are half-hearted creatures, fooling about with drink and sex and ambition when infinite joy is offered us, like an ignorant child who wants to go on making mud pies in a slum because he cannot imagine what is meant by the offer of a holiday at the sea. We are far too easily pleased." - C.S. Lewis

I'm so ready for the election to be over and done with. I'm growing tired of hearing talking points. I'm done with the slander and the lies.

Oh, snap... It's time for SNL to start. I can't wait to laugh at Sarah Palin.

Stay Gold, kiddos.

MMK

No comments: