Pages

Monday, October 13, 2008

Autumn in the 'Shire

So, I've been working with the high school youth group at our church during the past few weeks. The kids are pretty cool, so it's enjoyable. I hope to keep working with them throughout the semester.

Anyway, the group took a trip yesterday afternoon up to Mt. Major in central New Hampshire. We hiked up the mountain, cooked some dinner at the summit, and then hiked back down before it started getting dark. There were a lot of people on the mountain, so that kind of took away from the experience a bit, but the view from the top was outstanding. Mt. Major overlooks the largest lake in NH and the leaves on the trees of all of surrounding mountains were vibrantly orange, red, and yellow. It was pretty awesome. Sarah stayed at home, but I'm hoping to take her up the mountain sometime soon. It was a great way to spend the afternoon.

Here are some pictures:



Enjoy! I normally shrink 'em down a bit, but I left these big so that you can see some of the details of the landscape. That last one there is a little look at what it looks like to drive down the highway out here right now. It's pretty crazy...

Anyway... Hope these make you want to come visit. :)

Stay Gold!

MMK

1 comment:

gk said...

Wanting to come and visit is not the problem! Having the time and money... well, there we have a problem.

Gorgeous!