While Sarah was away in Philadelphia this past week, I decided to format the hard drive on our laptop and reinstall Windows from scratch. I use to do this yearly on my desktop in order to keep things from getting bogged down, and to keep it running quickly and smoothly. I saved all of our media and data onto my external hard drive before starting in on the laptop. Once I had reinstalled Windows, though, I realized that the drivers for the laptop's networking and video cards had been erased and were not reinstalled with the rest of the operating system. So, we had no internet for a couple of days until I was able to hook up my desktop and download the drivers on a working machine. I just got them all installed here on the laptop, though, and it seems like everything is working fine again.
Hooray.
Sarah is at the beach right now with a couple of the other hall director's. I'm not really a beach going sort of guy, so I decided to stay home and work on the computer.
Anyway, so that's what's going on today. We'll probably take it easy this evening and spend some time together or just relaxing with a couple of friends. Sarah starts working on Monday, so today and tomorrow will be our last couple of days together before she's gone everyday between breakfast and dinner. So it goes.
I'm reading a book right now called "Why the Christian Right is Wrong." It's written by a UCC congregational minister from Oklahoma. The ideas he's discussing are fairly thought provoking. I've been pulling out little sections here and there so far that I think are particularly important. I will probably post a couple of quotes here later, so check back if you're into that sort of thing.
Cool beans.
Stay Gold!
MMK
No comments:
Post a Comment