Pages

Wednesday, July 2, 2008

Mocha Chip.

I can't sleep. This is the first night I haven't been able to sleep in quite a while. Strange. I'm not sure if it's due to the excessive amount of sleep Marshall and I got last night ( a good 10 hours worth) or if it's because of the massive Mocha Chip ice cream cone I had from the local ice cream shop. Oh well, that sweet treat was worth every calorie!

I don't have any thought provoking or inspiring topics to write about. My mind is just kind of all over the place tonight...I might just sort of ramble...

Things I think I'll miss: laughing until I cry with my mom, witnessing my mom treating my cat like her second child, my dad's hugs, seeing my dad and Marshall go target shooting, the pond behind my parent's house, mother and daughter shopping trips, watching the corn grow, my mom's sloppy joes, detasseling, Midwest college football, Miss Ali Norton and her Canadian humor, the joy in my grandmother's face when she sees me, sprint car races, Buffalo Wild Wings, UNI, playing rock band with Justin and Carrie (my brother-in-law and his wife), running on country roads, going to the Red Rock Dam, having solid christian-based friendships, Orchard Hill Church, playing cribbage with Jacob, Family Video (the job I had, co-workers, annnnd the free movie rentals!), the Eagles, living in a smoke-free state, and I have to admit it... Arby's and Dairy Queen!

Things to look forward to: working for Americorps, attending grad school next year, Marshall continuing to develop as a professional, getting involved in a church, making new friends, visits back home, getting letters in the mail!, finding quality tattoo shops, saving money to actually get tattoos, paying off some loans, decorating a new apartment, having visitors!, exploring Boston, enjoying the beach/ocean, voting for the next president, Marshall and I celebrating our 1 year anniversary, getting to know Marshall's RA's and the students in our building, surviving an East Coast winter, making a trip to the Ben & Jerry's Factory in Vermont, traveling to New York City, attempting to hit up some hardcore (hopefully straightedge) shows, and...mostly...learning how to be a better wife.

Shrug, it's late. Really late. I should go to bed.
I miss all of you. Please, come visit!

Love to you all.
SLK

1 comment:

Ryan Macleod said...

I just read the full New Hampshire state motto and it reminds me very much of both you, probably because it is inspiring and so are you!

Live Free Or Die; Death Is Not The Worst Of Evils.
-General John Stark

Miss you