Pages

Wednesday, July 23, 2008

service.

Looks like Marshall has been bloggin' up a storm while I have been MIA. I guess I haven't really felt like writing a blog...but regardless, here is quick update.

I went to Philadelphia last week for Pre-Service Orientation (PSO). The actual content of the program was pretty basic and included much of the skills and knowledge I obtained through undergrad. Regardless, our training was held in the historic district of Philly. On the off-time provided I was able to see the Liberty Bell, Independence Hall, Chinatown, and even Benjamin Franklin's grave! I also really enjoyed meeting other VISTA candidates who are working throughout the East Coast area. I connected with one lady, Adrienne...and we spent much of the four days just talking and hanging out. Unfortunately, her placement is in Providence, RI and being able to see each other on a regular basis will be a bit difficult. However, we have already called each other to vent about the first couple of days of work.

So the first couple of days at PlusTime NH have been going...slowly. My supervisor has been EXTREMELY busy with a conference..and today his son developed a fever so he had to stay home. With that being said, no one has directed me in what I am going to be doing...or rather, what I should be doing. My days have basically consisted of me researching all I can about wellness and after school programs. Most of the information I am aware of...sigh.....shrug. Hopefully I will be able to meet up with my supervisor tomorrow and will receive a little bit more guidance.

Other random updates:
I still love my husband 8 billion.
Politicians don't give a shit about youth.
I still want universal health care. Yes, I'm willing to pay for it.
I still think America sucks. Yes, the quality of life for some has remained the same or even improved since Bush has been our president, but those people aren't family of a solider. Our country is clearly not the best it has ever been.
I'm still pro-life. Yes, I'm highly offended when the lady at works calls pro-lifers stupid and ignorant.
I still believe drinking fucking sucks. I hate when people feel they need to defend their drinking' habits to me...
BUT I still highly value developmental conversations.
I still love ice cream.
I still need more Jesus in my life.
I still think Iowa is the best state ever.
I am still excited for Miss Julia Pond to arrive in New Hampshire.
I am still working out! Whoohoo...and having a routine still feels amazing!
I still try to read the news...I still find the news scary and depressing.
I still want a best friend in New Hampshire.

I still need to go to bed.
Sigh. I miss you all.

Much love.
SLK

1 comment:

-Julesk said...

I'm still excited to get to NH!!