Pages

Monday, July 7, 2008

I Can't Sleep

I ran for twenty minutes straight today without stopping or walking or anything. Just a little bit short of two miles. I know that probably doesn't sound like much of an accomplishment, but I was proud of myself. I have always hated to run and I don't think I've ever run for more than ten or twelve minutes consecutively before, and certainly never more than the annual Presidential Fitness Test required. I still hate running. I guess I'm just learning to be a little more tolerant.

Sarah and I went out to dinner tonight in Portsmouth. I learned that I do not like sauces flavored with cilantro and capers. Sarah ate a delicious sandwich featuring feta cheese.

We're going to go to the beach tomorrow. I look forward to a horrendous sunburn and a host of new freckles.

We've been reading a lot lately. It's one of the few things that we can do without simultaneously seeing negative repercussions on the amount of money in our bank account. The library in Durham isn't much to look at. It's housed in a strip mall. But, they do have a pretty decent selection of books on hand and offer free downloads of audio books and things to their members. In the last two weeks, I've read:

Kurt Vonnegut - "Armageddon in Retrospect"
Kurt Vonnegut - "Slaughterhouse V"
Alan Bennett - "The Uncommon Reader"
Rodney Ratham - "Early Bird"
Al Franken - "The Truth (with Jokes)"

We need to go buy so more groceries.

I don't know. I don't have a lot to say right now. This has been a short list of some of the daily occurrences of our lives right now. Not too interesting, really, but we're enjoying ourselves.

Shrug. I think maybe I will go join my wife in bed, now.

Isaiah 66:15. A firestorm to purify.

I will write more about that tomorrow, perhaps.

Stay Gold,

MMK

No comments: