Pages

Monday, October 24, 2011

NYC!

I went to NYC  this weekend to visit a friend I've known since middle school.
This started our weekend:
Jealous? No?  You should be.  If you ever get the chance to see this show - take it!  
You will have no regrets!

And pictures!
Strawberry Fields, Central Park

A cute spot by the water we found...


Central Park is probably my favorite part of New York - so beautiful!

I LOVE willow trees!

NY Public Library - Stephen A. Schwarzman Building
We were able to walk through the "Celebrating 100 Years" exhibition.  
Noteworthy sights: Malcom X diary entries from his Hajj, a real KKK uniform (creepy!)
and an original letter from George Washington.  
MK is way better with history, but this exhibition was pretty rad.


Flatiron Building!

 K, what square was this?!

Washington Square - AMAZING!


Street Artist - all done by hand with sand.

We also were able to walk through parts of NYU.

The World Trade Center : Freedom Tower.  
MASSIVE.
I won't say much about our walk by Ground Zero...that's not so zero anymore.  We didn't go into the Memorial (you have to reserve a pass ahead of time, etc), but I still got an eerie feeling.  I don't know how else to describe it.  I hope to one day go to the Memorial, too.

Battery Park : The Sphere.

Statue of Liberty.

A huge THANK YOU to my lovely friend, K.
So glad we had the opportunity to reconnect and just have fun!
Who knew a couple of Iowa girls could enjoy a big city so much?!

Much love, SLK.

1 comment:

JMK said...

TLMK and I went and Saw Lion Kin on Broadway about 6 or 7 years ago. Would go back in a heartbeat! Glad you had fun!