Norah and I set out for Home Depot on Sunday, post-church, in hopes to accomplish two things:
(1) find the perfect paint for our hutch (that has sat unfinished in our apartment for over a year now) and
(2) find a new floor lamp to replace our old lamp that burnt a hole in our carpet.
After at least 45 minutes of standing in the paint aisle and the lamp aisle, we came away with some paint (time will tell how "perfect" it turns out to be), a paintbrush, and one NRK diaper full of poop.
Feeling unaccomplished, I decided to stop at Marshal's (the store) hoping to find a cheap lamp that would tide us over until we move to a place more permanent.
I came away with this:
Yup, five books for NRK. No lamp.
I justified the purchase by saying I'd make them Christmas presents.
FAIL.
I think I have serious addiction to children's books.
Aunt M - this is a healthy addiction, right?
But NRK loves her new books, especially the Cat in the Hat book,
(CHRISTMAS GIFT IDEA ALERT!)
and I love having some fresh, new books to read at bedtime.
All is well.
And (cheap, but nice) floor lamp, I WILL find you!
SLK.





No comments:
Post a Comment