Pages

Saturday, September 26, 2009

Stuff and Things

We haven't really been around much lately to update this space. Well, we've been "around," but our jobs, travels, and parental responsibilities have been our primary focus during the past few weeks.

Sarah has already made a few brief comments on our time in Iowa, so I won't spend too much time repeating what she's already shared. I really enjoyed the few days that I had back home, though. The trip was re-energizing in a variety of different ways. Most notably, the chance to see my best friend marry the woman he loves most was a major reminder of why I married the woman I most love, too. She's a good wife and I don't always give her the credit for that which she rightly deserves.

Norah is changing, like, nonstop. It's weird how one developmental achievement seems to bring out a whole new person from inside of her. She learns to roll over and now now it seems like she's so much more aware and wants to be looking around more. She also enjoys being stood up on her legs and can support her own weight as long as you provide her with the balance to do so. She's also been more talkative lately. Here's the video proof:



Her parting comments are my favorite part of the whole thing there.

Sarah and I will be heading up to Portland, Maine this Saturday for a concert presented by Sufjan Stevens. He tours fairly infrequently, so we're pretty lucky to have him coming so close to us here. Sarah's less excited than I am about the show, but that's understandable considering the fact that he's on my list of musicians to see live before I die. (The aforementioned list doesn't actually exist... The idea of a list is simply a literary device I've employed to express the urgency with which I'd like to see Mr. Stevens in concert)

I've posted a few of his songs on this space before, but here's a video if you feel like catching up with him again.



In other news, my fantasy football team crapped the bed this week. Only one of my nine starting players broke into double digit points. Sarah's team performed quite well, though. She wears the football pants in our family, I guess.

That's it! I hope everyone is well. Leave a comment sometime to update us with how you've been lately, if you'd like.

Stay Gold, everyone...

MMK

No comments: