Norah is sleeping. Sarah is at work. I'm bored. I thought about drawing a picture or two, so I opened my drawing/writing book and started to flip through the pages trying to find an open spot that might jump out at me as needing something in particular to fill it up. Amidst that search, I read something I wrote probably two or three years ago...
Thought I'd put it out there. --
O! We are searching for the truth
but I'm finding no dry wood to feed this fire of faith
and I've been noticing lately that only embers remain
(but how I long for a blaze...)
With age the question comes swift;
are these thin trails of smoke which drift out
as my fire seems to die
strong enough to entice others unto You?
(Lord, it's all I want to do.)
I can recall those days...
Striving with purpose, but still an infant in Your ways.
Thinking the Light which I displayed
would stand the test of time.
When I could see and clearly be seen
and it was unquestioned that Grace had left me clean.
And in Your hands I found relief from the perverting darkness which surrounds.
(I was Found!)
But now, again, I need to find.
Father! don't ever turn your eyes
and keep me from closing mine and do your best to keep
my toes planted firmly along Your line
('cause I'd walk away if the choice were mine).
God, I must admit the truth
that I can't be content to find Your proof
by seeing only what has been and how You've moved.
I must also admit that I should look to find
You
in the process of trusting that there are things
that You have yet to do.
Stay Gold!
MMK
1 comment:
The Bible holds all of His answers. My experience is this: fervently pray for what you desire in Him and He will answer. "Pray without ceasing". "Thy Word have I hid in my heart that I might not sin against you." "The sword of the Spirit which is the Word of God." "Abide in me and I in you. The branch cannot bear fruit of itself except it abide in the vine." God has not gone off somewhere. If He's not around close, it's you that have wandered; not He. Go home to Him. "Good and upright is the Lord, therefore will he teach sinners in the way." Then, "cease not the assembling of yourselves together; much more as you see The Day [of his returning] approaching.""As for me and my house, we will serve the Lord," must be your heart and your determined purpose, not just a wishful whim. "You shall seek Me and find Me when you will seek Me with ALL your heart.""Tis so sweet to trust in Jesus; just to take Him at His Word..." But, obedience is still the requirement for fellowship with God. Salvation is not fire insurance, but a process - a process that requires your cooperation and is a lifelong journey. "Broad is the way that leads to destruction. Narrow is the way that leads to Life." All the world is going to hell with its own ideas and rebellion against God. "What is that to thee. Follow thou Me." Blessed be the name of the Lord for His mercy endureth forever. Love you - PopsW
Post a Comment