Pages

Sunday, November 23, 2008

Off the top of my head...

My fantasy football team finally played up to its potential today. I'm happy about that.

My best bro Kevin sent me this link and you should all see it, too:
http://www.fresh99.com/meat-cake.htm

For those of you who knew, we haven't been getting the best cell phone reception in our apartment since the beginning of the semester. Things turned around in that area this past week, though, and apparently now our reception is fine. We don't have to charge our phones every night anymore and we can actually sit on our couch and talk to people. It's a wonderful thing.

It's supposed to snow here this week. I wonder if anything will stick. We're pretty excited for winter to begin. We're both big fans of the snow (at least until February or so).

My friend just told me this joke: "If women with large breasts work at Hooters, where do women with only one leg work? (wait for it... wait for it...) IHOP. Oh man. That's great stuff.

We have a doctor's appointment tomorrow. Well, I guess it's not for "us" so much as it is for "it" (aka my unborn child). I'm sure there will be some sort of update to be posted here after the appointment, so check back.

Check out my sweet No-Shave November beard:


I took that picture in my office because my work computer has a webcam. Also, because I'm in my office right now. To prove that point further, take a look at all of the paperwork on my desk.


I've been reading a lot lately about how the world is going to end in 2012. I guess it's getting harder to argue against the idea given the crap that I keep seeing on the news every morning. Our child will be three if that happens. Awesome.

I'm looking forward to Thanksgiving. I love celebrating and being grateful. I also love to celebrate our victory over the indigenous folks who used to have something to be thankful for before we took over their reasons for giving thanks. We celebrate better, anyway, because we're more civilized.

Stay Gold, everyone! I'm going to go to bed now.

MMK

4 comments:

gk said...

The meat cake pictures almost made me violently ill. I like meat, it is tasty, but goodness! That's just a sickening amount.

What makes the 2012 predictions more palatable than the hundreds of preceding predictions (Y2K anyone?!)

Kelli B said...

Funny...my husband is participating in No-Shave-November as well. It's taking over his entire head. Hilarious. I cant wait for December. Except he's bound to look 12 when he shaves it all off.

Justin said...

@Grace

The Mayans!

-Julesk said...

I'm the friend who told you that joke! I think that is an official shout out! what what