Pages

Thursday, November 27, 2008

Giving Thanks

It's Thanksgiving in America, so we celebrated the only way we know how: we overate.

This is the first Thanksgiving that neither Sarah or I have been able to be with our families, so it was kind of weird. We were lucky enough to have some good friends to spend the day with, though, so that made things better. There were a few hall directors besides myself who decided to stay on campus for the holiday, so we all got together and cooked a full, traditional Thanksgiving spread. Sarah and I took care of making the desserts (pumpkin pie, banana bread, and a pumpkin pie cake) as well as the dinner rolls. Other people took responsibility for the turkey, the cranberry sauce, the potatoes, the stuffing, and the other side dishes. We had way too much food for the seven of us that sat down together, so there are plenty of leftovers.

I thought maybe of you who are counted amongst our family and friends might like to see some pictures, so here you go:



It turned out to be a pretty awesome day. I did the manly thing and carved the turkey as well as said grace before dinner began. The day wasn't entirely food-based, despite the large meal, though. In total, we spent about 9 hours hanging out with good friends, watching football, playing Mario Kart, and just relaxing. What a nice way to start an extended weekend.

So, there it is. Happy Thanksgiving, everyone. Now go do your part tomorrow to help keep America strong (or barely afloat)... Exercise your right to spend every last dollar you have between now and Christmas.

Stay Gold!

MMK

2 comments:

-Julesk said...

I'm really glad we got to hangout today! Thanks for all of your help and all of the laughs....even if mostly it was me laughing...like a freak... :)

JMK said...

So where's the recipe for the Pumpkin Pie Cake? Sounds pretty darend good...