Pages

Sunday, February 14, 2010

Cheese & Spinach Tart

The quiche recipe made a second appearance in our household last night. Yep, just as delicious as the first time. For those of you who enjoy cooking or are looking for something new to try, here's the recipe (it's SUPER easy!):

1 tsp. olive oil
2 cups diced onion (I use a little less than 2 cups)
1 9-inch frozen pie shell
1 cup reduced-fat milk (do NOT use skim milk)
3 large eggs
1 cup shredded mozzarella cheese (I always add a little more)
1/2 tsp. garlic poweder
1/2 Worcestershire sauce
1/2 tsp. salt (we use a salt substitute)
3/8 tsp. black pepper
1 10-oz. package frozen chopped spinach, thawed and drained

1. Preheat over to 350 degrees F. Heat oil in a skillet. Add onions and saute on medium high for 10 minutes, until they're caramelized (browned and sweet). Remove; let cool slightly.
2. Prick pie shell with a fork; bake 10 minutes. Meanwhile, whisk milk, eggs, cheese, garlic powder, Worcestershire, salt, and pepper. Add onions and spinach.
3. Pour egg mixture into cooled pie shell and bake 45 minutes, or until an inserted knife comes out clean (I've always had too cook it longer than 45 minutes).

Enjoy!

3 comments:

Karen VH said...

Sarah: this recipe is a keeper! Hope it's okay that I posted it on iowanorth.ca

Karen VH said...

Sarah: This recipe is a keeper! Hope it's okay that I posted it to iowanorth.ca. (Let me know if that's NOT okay!!)

SLK said...

definitely okay! :o)