Pages

Friday, June 12, 2009

Singing

So you know what is awesome about having a baby? I can sing as much as I want, and she doesn't comment on which words I screw up or notes I completely miss - I even think she might ENJOY my voice!

Marshall and I recently discovered a new artist through a worship song at church. Both Marshall and I sometimes have difficulties appreciating much of the music presented at our church (I think I'll save that topic for another blog). So when we find a worship song or artist we value - it is a big deal! Anyways, we both really like "Revelation Song". I YouTubed the song just because he and I wanted to listen to it on Sunday afternoon. This search lead me to the artist Kari Jobe. Not only can she sing but she's one pretty lady. Hooray for new, meaningful music. If you're interested check it out.

Norah is asleep. I think the music and my voice did the trick...ha!

Update on my 10 personal goals (please see "Goals" if my ramblings below do not make sense) :

1) I made Marshall's lunch for 3 or 4 days in a row, then we ran out of food. I'm back to square one (but I made his lunch today!). 1 day down, 9 to go.
2) I've had zero time or interest in reading a book lately.
3) Last night I probably only received 5ish hours of sleep all together. 10 consecutive hours of sleep is looking pretty damn good.
4) No one has received a birthday card from me.
5) I've still got the milks.
6) No savings account for Norah, yet. BUT she does have a piggy bank (with money in it)!
7) I have my 6 week check-up on Monday. Hopefully the midwife will tell me I'm healed and ready to begin exercising. I've signed up for a summer woman's soccer league. I'm nervous since I'm extremely out of shape...but also excited. SOCCER IS AWESOME...and I've missed it.
8) I'm still dreaming of the mini-vacation.
9) I'm also still dreaming of getting more tattoos. Soon enough.
10) Marshall and I are doing well with paying off our car. We pay a couple hundred dollars more a month than what our payment actually is...and when I start working, I think we'll be able to put a little bit more towards the payment. YES!

That's about it. Did I mention I am loving New Hampshire? For as much as Marshall and I miss our family, for now, this feels like our home. Of course, Iowa will always be our "true" home. But I have no doubts that New Hampshire is where we are suppose to be right now. As hard as that may be with Norah...it's great to be able to trust God and know He is in every moment of our day (whether we acknowledge Him consistently or not). I really do love all of you...and miss you all.

Hugs.
SLK

No comments: