*insert sarcastic laugh here*
Yeah, right. With a new baby, 101 goals seems overwhelming and frankly, unnecessary. I have one major goal right now - to be a good mom! Obviously. But I still like the idea. So, here is my version!
10/365 (ten goals to complete in the next year):
1) Make my husband's lunch for 10 consecutive Market Basket shifts.
2) Read 10 books recommended by family and friends (suggestions please!).
3) Sleep for 10 hours - straight, twice.
4) Send 10 birthday cards to family or friends on time. (I stole the idea from Grace...but this is something I've wanted to do for a while.)
5) Provide Norah with breastmilk for at least 6 months.
6) Open a savings account for Norah.
7) Run a half-marathon (NO WALKING!). (Justin - want to enter the same race?)
8) Go on a mini-vacation with Marshall up to the White Mountains. See here.
9) Get at least 3 tattoos. (Diamond on wedding ring finger, black X on wrist, and another tattoo on my left arm...design TBD.)
10) Pay off our car.
Whew, I'll let you know how I do here and there through blogging.
On another note, Norah is officially one month old. How the heck did that happen?! Despite some rough moments here and there, time has passed quickly...as I knew it would. I love being a mom, more than I could have predicted. I'm starting to understand how there are parents who can only hold conversations about their kids. Norah is why we are here, now. She needs both Marshall and I to care for her, to love her, to show her life. I feel MY life has more purpose now than it ever has before - it feels right. I'm still struggling with trying to grow closer to God...but with Norah here in my life, well, she is evidence of how gracious my God is.

Love and miss you all.
SLK
3 comments:
My book recommendation:
Stephenie Meyer - The Host
And as far as the half-marathon goes: maybe. :) All depends on location, travel, etc. etc. etc.
Books:
Fast Food Nation, Eric Schlosser
On the Road, Jack Kerouac
Franny and Zooey, J.D. Salinger
The Bell Jar, Sylvia Plath
The Other Boleyn Girl, Philippa Gregory
thanks for the recommendations! I've read Fast Food Nation - super depressing and The Bell Jar - depressingly good. I'll definitely look into the others!
Post a Comment