Pages

Tuesday, March 31, 2009

R.I.P Big Red

I did something today that I immediately regret, but that had to be done out of necessity. You see, I'll be applying for a summer job in the near future with an employer that enforces some rather strict codes regarding the hirsute nature of a man's face. In other words, I'll be applying for work with a beard tyrant.

In order to not make a terrible impression upon submitting my application, I shaved my beard this evening.

I'm actually pretty depressed about the loss. I miss the beard. I felt right with it. It felt good and I liked the way that the full beard made me look. Without it, I feel like a 12 year old impersonating an adult. So it goes. I've already vowed to begin growing it back in the beginning of August and to never again seek the employ of a man/company that requires me to wear my chin un-haired.

Anyways, I tried a couple of different styles as I sheared/shaved it off. You'll notice I'm not smiling in any of these pictures. The shave was a somber affair.

The full beard.




Technically known as "Friendly Mutton Chops," though the moustache isn't fully connected.




Creepy moustache.


Prepubescence.


Some people need to grow up and start loving beards.

Stay Gold.

MMK