Pages

Thursday, March 12, 2009

possible tattoo plans.

Marshall's wedding ring has been lost.

Gasp, you say? I know, the whole ordeal is rather discomforting and just plain sad. Marshall first noticed the ring was gone Tuesday night. By the time he noticed the ring was missing, we had eaten dinner in the MUB, gone to our Prepared Childbirth Class, and had been home for about a half hour. (I should insert here that I said some rather disrespectful words on the car ride home from baby class during a little tif. I believe my words came out in something along the lines of "I don't like you, not one bit". I should also mention, I feel the lost wedding ring is revenge or a consequence of my brat behavior. BIG SIGH.) After Marshall convinced me he wasn't playing a horrible trick on me, we started searching the apartment, retracing some of our steps, and calling the hospital and dinning center to see if a ring had been found.

Despite all our efforts, the ring is still MIA. Grr. I realize the ring is only a symbol of our marriage - but I guess it just had a bit more sentimental meaning than I had previously realized. I put that ring on Marshall's finger the day we committed our lives to each other.

Shrug. So now we've begun discussing next steps. Marshall is under the impression the best way to move forward is to get a traditional diamond tattoo on his wedding ring finger. I'm not altogether opposed, I actually kind of like the idea...but I haven't moved on from wanting his original ring back. Meh, so we'll see what happens. I even selfishly prayed the ring would miraculously reappear, but I'm not sure I have a lot of faith that will happen.

SLK

2 comments:

gk said...

I don't think it's selfish to pray for the miraculous return of the ring. I think praying only tells God it is something you value and treasure. There is nothing wrong in asking God for those things that you would like.

Karen VH said...

A coincidence: Harry and I flirted with the idea of having our rings tatooed on since he only wears his 6 months of the year. Once golf and softball season hits the ring comes off. He also lost his ring once ... in a pub ... someone found it an actually returned it. He was so upset by the loss, he didn't want to come home until he'd found it.