Pages

Thursday, December 18, 2008

All About Beards

This is the greatest and best website in the world:

Visit beards.org!


"Since I forswore beardlessness two years ago I have received on all sides and from both sexes such an astonishing increase of courtesy and respect that I have become convinced of the propriety of beards. Shakespeare has, I think, much to say about "beardless boys," and it may be observed that, in his day, when beards were much cultivated and cherished, men were of a frank, courageous, and imaginative sort. Women of to-day, working often side by side with men, profess to dislike beards. I can tell them (for they can give no reason for this) that this is because they fear the authority that goes with a beard; secretly (and naturally, of course) they have a greater respect for the bearded male." - Anonymous, 1935

I am currently sporting a somewhat patchy full beard that has been carried over from my participation in this year's annual celebration of No-Shave November. I have kept the beard this long in brotherly bearded solidarity as Justin is also currently growing a beard. I may shave it off and go back to the goatee after Christmas, but I may decide to keep what I've got. We'll see, I suppose.

Stay Gold! And bearded.

MMK

No comments: