Our dear and loving family has let us know (on more than one occasion) that we haven't posted a blog for a while. I know what you're thinking - "Really? Marshall and Sarah are really that busy, too busy to post a single picture of Norah here and there?!" Yes. Really. We have been busy, and in all honesty, lately when I've had the time (usually in the evenings)... I just haven't felt like writing a blog.
Our busy (but blessed!) life has included:
- Adjusting to another fall semester! I'm thankful we chose to stay in the same hall for another academic year, thus eliminating the need to pack up all our things and move to another apartment on campus. But Marshall still has 11 RA staff members, directly supervising 7 RAs, and supervising one Undergraduate Assistant Hall Director. Add in a weekly meeting with his supervisor, hall staff meeting, department meeting, etc...well that's roughly 18 hours per week of planned meetings; throw in some conduct meetings, check-in meetings with students, and the normal administrative tasks and you'll find MK being one busy working man. But he's good at his job, and we are thankful to be here.
- My new(ish) Senior Administrative Assistant role! I LOVE IT! August was NUTS, but September has gradually flowed into a nice, comfortable working pace where I feel competent and on top of my duties. But that commute to work is still tough. Kidding, extreme sarcasm!
- Running! I'm back at it hardcore! I owe a huge thanks to a couple of MK's RAs for encouraging me and joining me on runs. I feel SO GOOD when I'm running on a regular basis. MK's been good about going to the gym, too! His last check up with our family doctor was AWESOME! GO US!
- A few dates nights! We've been to the Friendly Toast in Portsmouth for a RHD birthday and went to Hibachi (Japanese Restaurant - yes, with fire and everything!) also for another RHD birthday. YUM!
- KAYAKING! My New England bestie and her hubby took me on my first ever kayak adventure. My bestie's husband works for the Seacoast Science Center, and we were able to use their kayaks to go out into a marsh area of the ocean. I loved every minute of it. I've joked about buying a kayak, but I can't quite figure out where I would store it in our residence hall apartment. HA! Someday...
- And more! (which I will now represent with photos... that's all you care about anyways, eh?!)
What do you do when Mama goes on one of her typical "I-need-to-rearrange-this-room-or-I'm-going-to-freak-out" modes? Curl up in a dresser drawer with new puppy, T-bone, of course.
I've been cooking more.
Marshall married a good lady, and I married a good man.
PUDDLE JUMPING!
DATE NIGHT!
Lid spying?
A beautiful Saturday morning at Odiorne Point State Park.
Blowout poop. Want this for your babe?
Feed them a whole pint of blueberries in one day. SUCCESS!
Norah playing punk.
Trying out new sleeping positions.
At BioBlitz.
Collecting some rocks after seeing some pretty neat sea animals and creatures.
Whew, and after working on this off and on all day, I'm done for now. We've been taking quite a few videos... so please be patient - the videos are coming!
Love you, all.
SLK
No comments:
Post a Comment