Pages

Tuesday, September 28, 2010

Why I Rarely Blog

MK and I got in a heated discussion last night. In the last few days, we have both been filling feisty, nitpicky, and just down right irritable. The weather may have something to do with all the hostility as it has gone from chilly (low 60's), to HOT (high 70's), and now to humidity and rain making our apartment sticky and gross. Or it could be that a student on campus took her life. Or that we need more Afternoon Delights. Or ___________ (Fill in blank with the first thing that comes to your mind). Anyways - the comment was made that I don't blog, but that comment is false. I do blog, just lately my blogs have been VERY sparse. Here's why:

1) See that opening paragraph - I've probably read through it 3 - 4 times already and will reread it another 3 - 4 times at least before I am finished with this blog. I'm a perfectionist. I want my writing to read well, to sound intelligent, and to not have any errors. Writing, for me, is painful. I can do it, and do it well...but lately, it just isn't fun.

2) I feel like I don't have much to say. Well, that's not true. I have lots to say. But where to start? And frankly, who cares what I have to say?

3) Understandably, my parents haven't been following my blog as closely now as in the past - they've got a lot going on at the moment. So without them checking the blog on a regular basis, I sometimes feel like I am writing to no one.

4) Norah. Our family (and friends!) love to see pictures of Norah. Why read a rant by a cranky old wife and mother of one when you can just look at CUTE pictures of a growing toddler? Clearly, no contest.

5) I'm training for a half marathon - I'm trying to make some real time for running and working out at the gym. I go through phases. I was during SUPER GREAT. Then I got sick. Then I got better. Then I just got lazy. Right now I'm in a funk - hence why I have time to write this blog.

6) I'm also trying to read more, bake more, friend more, daughter more, wife more, and mother more. More times for those things than this thing.

I hope my lack of blogging makes a bit more sense. This blog was actually quite enjoyable to write. Maybe I'll try to make more appearances. I've been doing a lot of baking - so I might post a recipe here and there. But then again, will anyone actually use the recipes I post? And so, it starts all over...

Jokes. Sort of...

Miss you and love you all.

4 comments:

Kelly said...

I'd use your recipes. For what it is worth. :)

SLK said...

SWEET!!!

Karen VH said...

I totally get the "feel like I'm writing to no one" ... but you're not! A few of us are regular raeders! It's part of the morning routine: drink coffee, read the paper, check emails, read blogs.

ink1982 said...

Just thought I'd let you know, I read y'all's blog on the daily; and I'm interested in what ya have to say - so if you're looking for regular readers, count me in!

-J.