Top Reasons Why the Kole Family Does NOT Need Anything for Christmas:
1. We are already blessed beyond what we deserve. We have God, family, jobs, health care (good health), savings, shelter, food, and love!
2. Most of you know, we love our apartment but it is SMALL and provides very little storage space. I should take a picture of our ONE storage closet. MK and I would win an award for "Most Talented Packers"! Now that Norah is here and apart of our family...we can slowly feel our apartment walls closing in. Our life has enough clutter and we are trying to keep it to a minimum.
3. Norah has an entire dresser full of clothes. Plus, two bags full of clothes that no longer fit her. Please do not buy new clothes for Norah. But, if you do have some great hand-me-downs for winter...I think we could make an exception to the No Gift Giving Rule. :o)
4. After reading 1 - 3, if any family/friends still would like to spend money on us, we hope the money is put towards a visit. We love (LOVE) and value quality time with our family and closest friends.
Which reminds me...Black Friday is coming all too quickly. I'm pretty sure I'll be scheduled to work. We open at 5:00 am. I still think the act of getting up just to shop before the sun rises is completely disgusting. Go America.
Have I mentioned the idea of being a stay-at-home mom is becoming more appealing as each day passes? I giddily watch Norah and Hayden on Fridays (well, when Norah isn't being Super Brat). Maybe some day we'll be financially stable enough for me to be a professional mom. We'll see. Until then, I'll suck it up...savor my days off...and beam every time my paycheck is added to our savings account.
Marshall (and Norah!) met my aunt and uncle from Alabama. They've been up in New England visiting friends, enjoying the foliage and just happened to be staying close to Durham tonight before heading back South. We had a delicious dinner in Portsmouth (minus my initial outburst of emotions to a semi-rude hostess...but that's another story), some light conversation, and lots of smiles in response to Norah's happy-go-lucky attitude. I'm so glad we had the opportunity to meet up, and I'm thinking MK, Norah, and I might just need to make our way South for a visit in the near future!
Recent pictures:

A little blurry, but still a favorite. 5 months old and one day!
(BTW Julia, this is the sweater your mom made for Norah!)

Norah loves Spot. Picture of me using Spot to make Norah smile for the camera.

Norah now sports the Bumbo and Tray! This makes sitting up and playing so fun!

What's also fun? Playing with Hayden!

Great Aunt Mary Susan

Great Uncle Myron (resemble my dad much? hehe.)
Love you all.
3 comments:
That baby is so flippin cute. NORAH oh what a cute name too.
I like this post. I hate consumerism and I like you.
Now, the question remains: What can I give you that complies with your No Gift Rule and still says that I was thinking of giving you a gift even though I wasn't? ;)Love you.
well i think i've mention a couple of things we don't necessarily need but would definitely use! :o)
Post a Comment