Pages

Thursday, April 16, 2009

BELLY ART!!!

First off, TOMORROW is my last official day of work! wooooot! As i've expressed before, ending my service is bittersweet. I'm sad to leave such great co-workers (and the bit of money I did bring in) but exciting to know I will be entering Mommyland soon!

Today marks 38 weeks. For 38 weeks I have carried this little one around inside of me. I'm still feeling pretty well - just nauseous at times, out of breath often, and tired all the time. I had the normal weekly baby appointment today. Marshall was unable to go with me (he was getting a crown on his tooth, how fun!) and of course, today was the one day were something abnormal came up! I saw a new midwife today, and when she measured my belly (for baby growth) and compared my current weight to the last measurement taken...she was a bit concerned. EEEEK! So I was sent off to the ultrasound technician to take a look at Baby Kole. But after about 2 minutes of looking at Baby Kole, the ultrasound technician informed me everything looked great! Whew! I was more than relieved and ended up getting a good picture of Baby Kole's face!

And one more baby piece I wanted to share - BELLY ART! Marshall and I bought some plaster and made a belly cast of Baby Kole about 3 weeks ago. After letting the cast harden, I decided to paint the "Tree of Life" on it. I'm not typically superb at painting, but I am pretty satisfied with how the project turned out. At some point, we plan to hang the cast in Baby Kole's room. I'm so glad we completed this project - I know later on in life it will be so meaningful to have something like this from my first (maybe only?) pregnancy!

5 comments:

Kelly said...

That is a beautiful piece of art!

Kelli B said...

I'm so glad things are a-okay with Baby Kole. And I LOVE your art piece! That's a keeper, good idea.

Karen VH said...

belly art ... great idea ... love it

S+C said...

love LOVE the belly art - you guys did a great job with it - what a great piece to have from your pregnancy. Glad things are ok with baby K too - were you measuring big or small? I measured really big with Carsten and almost had to go in for an ultrasound too.

SLK said...

they thought i was measuring too small..and yeah, i'm glad everything is okay too!