Pages

Friday, February 27, 2009

meant to be married.

You would think I'd be used to the hubby being away since our whole dating relationship was long-distance. However, each time we are away from each other for an extended period of time, I miss him like crazy whoa.

I managed not try cry at MK's departure yesterday morning - but rather, cried the instant I stepped back into our apartment. A few tears were shed and then I went about my day, fully taking advantage of any opportunity to distract myself with cleaning, work, Facebook, and even had a dinner date with Amie (the wife of the other hall director traveling to OPE with MK). But then at night, I was faced with the dreaded loneliness of sleeping in our bed without my other half. I always view the bed being somewhat small until I have to sleep in it alone. It's HUGE! I cried, talked to MK on the phone, prayed...and somewhere in the midst of tears, managed to fall asleep.

I sound so pathetic. But really, I just love my husband, completely. I'm clearly convinced I wasn't created to live by myself, let alone, live without MK. When I reflect on our marriage, I see the ways we complement each other and inspire each other to live better than the day before. Life is so much fun with MK!

On that note - 10 Reasons Why I Love My MK*

*10 is such a small number, I am sure to leave some very important reasons out of this list. Therefore, this is a list of the 10 Reasons that first come to mind and are NOT in order of importance.

1) His red, manly beard.
2) His willingness to prepare raw meat. I'm not sure we'd eat much meat if the task were left to me!
3) The way he touches and talks (well, more like sings) to Baby Kole. So cute!
4) His ability to make me crack a smile when I'm determined to remain angry and annoyed.
5) His inability to, for the most part, resist my selfish pleas for snuggles, trips to the grocery store for random items, my TV shows, and best of all - back rubs!
6) His desire to challenge and support students in their development. He's so patient!
7) The expression on his face and tears in his eyes when I walked down the isle on our wedding day. I hope I never forget that moment!
8) The look he gets when he's in the mood for....er...nevermind. But it is rather adorable, yes, adorable. :o)
9) His sarcasm and humor. I can't imagine our relationship, or life, without either of these!
10) His faith. He is so much better at analyzing, questioning, and expressing faith in Christ than I will ever be.

Ah, I love him...I really do, have I mentioned that, yet? No?! Well, let me tell you....

SLK

4 comments:

Kelli B said...

Hey SK - I can totally relate. And you are not strange or alone in how you feel when your other half goes away! This week, marcus was gone for 4.5 days and I shed a lot of tears. My heart just years for him and desires to share my life with him - when he's gone, something is missing.
Means you love your husband! It's great to know that and probably made known the strongest when they are away.
hope he returns SOON!

Kelly said...

Hi! I'm Kelly-Joseph's girlfriend-and I hope you don't mind me commenting on your blog. :) I just wanted to let you know how much I appreciated you sharing. I got teary when I read your post-I definitely know that aching feeling of missing someone-and wanted to let you know I was very touched by your expression of love. There are certainly may "God things" in life and it sounds like your marriage is one of them! I hope to meet you and your husband some day; Joseph speaks of you both often. Hooray for OPE being over. :)

SLK said...

normally i'm not so pathetic, i promise :o)

we want to meet you too!!!

Kelly said...

Not pathetic! We all have our emotional moments! I know I do, too...just ask J. :)