We took advantage of the time we had in Iowa to correct both of these things. I don't remember seeing any Patriots jerseys of caps anywhere, nor did I even hear mention of any Patriots related news for nearly two weeks. It was glorious. More glorious, though, was the afternoon of December 31st, 2008, on which Sarah and I found ourselves hungry while driving from Knoxville, IA to Ames, IA. We realized our hunger while motoring along just to the south of Des Moines. Here's how things played out from there*:
Sarah: "I am going to need some food soon."
Me: "Ok, where do you want to stop?"
Sarah: "How about Arby's?"
Me: "Shit yea!"
(*Actual conversation has been paraphrased because, honestly, who remembers anything else when one has Arby's on the brain?)
So, we pulled off near Altoona and drove through the nearest Arby's. I ordered a French Dip combo, whilst Sarah opted for the delicious Reuben combo. We got the food sack from the man working the window and went on our way.
Depending on your opinion of the food they provide, you may consider this next statement to be either positive or negative... Nothing has changed about Arby's in the six months since we at there last. The food was delicious and we walked (technically, we drove) away satisfied. Great job, Arby's!
We took some pictures of the meal since it was one of the vacation's finest.
We had a French Fry toast to the deliciousness:

Holy crap, this thing is huge! (TWSS, for those of you in the know.)

Voracious consumption.

More attractive voracious consumption.

Satisfied belch (not just screaming in the car).

I hope Arby's reads this blog and decides to send us free stuff.
Stay Gold!
MMK
No comments:
Post a Comment