Pages

Sunday, January 25, 2009

Birthday Meal

Today is my 26th birthday. Sarah and I are not generally known for making a big deal out of birthdays. In fact, we generally forget to call others on their birthdays or send a card. It's just something that we don't find overly important to celebrate.

Sarah was kind enough to make me a birthday dinner tonight. She made a wonderfully delicious meatloaf (even though she hates meatloaf), potatoes, and broccoli. She also bought me some lemon zinger tea and a made me a card. Then, on top of everything else, she took the time to craft a small Little Debbie Oatmeal Cream Pie birthday cake for dessert. It was one of the best cakes I've ever had, for reals. Four cream pies stacked on top of one another with cake frosting in between cream pie and around the sides of the whole oat-tastic obelisk. Check it out:





I love my wife.

2 comments:

SLK said...

i never knew $1.50 could taste so damn good.
i love you, dear.

gk said...

SWEET! That cake looks delectable. I may have to try it, once I have the chance to go grocery shopping.

Was that vanilla or cream cheese frosting?