Pages

Tuesday, October 5, 2010

You ARE there!

Thanks to everyone who reads our blog and finds our posts meaningful...well, entertaining might be a better word. Anyways, thanks for letting me know my words don't go unread!

As most of you know, I enjoy baking WAY more than cooking. To be honest, I don't really enjoy cooking at all. I'm not sure exactly why, but I'm guessing it has something to do with my deep love for anything sweet. And I have a very difficult time touching raw meat (Pops, if you're reading this - stop rolling your eyes). Now that I have more time, I've been baking a ton. MK has a larger staff this year allowing me to give most of the goods I bake away (so, we don't eat it all ourselves). One staff member has Celiac Disease, allowing me to try my hand a baking gluten free items. Baking more has been so fun, and I've been able to try a bunch of new recipes. My favorite by far -

Banana Cupcakes with Peanut Butter Frosting (YUM!!!) - contains gluten



















For recipe, click here.
My alterations - add more peanut butter to the frosting and less butter. Also I sprinkled some chocolate chips on top after frosting.

Pictures to come soon of our visit with Norah's grandparents!!!


3 comments:

Dana and Ryan said...

Let me know if you come across any good GF recipes- I always love new ideas! I'm also more than happy to send along some of my favorites - I have gf cupcake recipe that Ryan likes even better than "normal" cupcakes. (starts with a gf Betty crocker mix so you don't even have to commit to buying gf flour).

I LOVE your blog and reading what BOTH of you have to say!

Hugs to you all from MN!!

SLK said...

Thanks Dana! I've used the GF Betty Crocker mixes quite a bit. SO GOOD. I tried the chocolate cupcake and EVERYONE had one (or two). Please send GF baking recipes. I've kinda hit a wall.

HUGS!!! COME VISIT, PLEASE!

Kelly said...

Try this blog for some GF recipes:
http://gluten-freerecipes.blogspot.com/