Ready for something super nerdy? Two of you might find this interesting. Here's my predictions for the first-round of the NFL Draft. It's happening this Thursday. I can't wait...
Here goes:
1. St. Louis Rams - QB Sam Bradford (Oklahoma)
2. Detroit Lions - DT Ndamukong Suh (Nebraska)
3. Tampa Bay Buccaneers - DT Gerald McCoy (Oklahoma)
4. Washington Redskins - OT Russell Okung (Oklahoma State)
5. Kansas City Chiefs - S Eric Berry (Tennessee)
6. Seattle Seahawks - RB/HB CJ Spiller (Clemson)
7. Cleveland Browns - QB Jimmy Clausen (Notre Dame)
8. Oakland Raiders - OT Anthony Davis (Maryland)
9. Buffalo Bills - OT Trent Williams (Oklahoma)
10. Jacksonville Jaguars - DE Derrick Morgan (Georgia Tech)
11. Denver Broncos - LB Rolando McClain (Alabama)
12. Miami Dolphins - S Earl Thomas (Texas)
13. San Francisco 49ers - G Mike Iupati (Idaho)
14. Seattle Seahawks - OT Bryan Bulaga (Iowa)
15. New York Giants - OT Charles Brown (USC)
16. Tennessee Titans - WR Dez Bryant (Oklahoma State)
17. San Francisco 49ers - S Joe Haden (Florida)
18. Pittsburgh Steelers - G/C Maurkice Pouncey (Florida)
19. Atlanta Falcons - DE Brandon Graham (Michigan)
20. Houston Texans - RB Ryan Matthews (Fresno State)
21. Cincinnati Bengals - S Taylor Mays (USC)
22. New England Patriots - LB Everson Griffin (USC)
23. Green Bay Packers - LB Sergio Kindle (Texas)
24. Philadelphia Eagles - CB Kyle Wilson (Boise State)
25. Baltimore Ravens - CB Devon McCourty (Rutgers)
26. Arizona Cardinals - LB Sean Weatherspoon (Missouri)
27. Dallas Cowboys - OT Rodger Saffold (Indiana)
28. San Diego Chargers - NT Terrence Cody (Alabama)
29. New York Jets - LB Jerry Hughes (TCU)
30. Minnesota Vikings - CB Kareem Jackson (Alabama)
31. Indianapolis Colts - OT Charles Brown (USC)
32. New Orleans Saints - DE Carlos Dunlap (Florida)
I feel fairly confident-ish about the picks I've made in the first third of the draft. Semi-confident about those in the middle third. And pretty shakey about the picks in the last third. We'll see how it works out, I guess.
Stay Gold!
MMK
3 comments:
I hope I am one that you feel will comment & care...
I would agree with most of your picks...
I'm hoping that Kyle Wilson will somehow fall to the Packers. I saw a mockdraft that had Tebow going to the Vikings...either him or Colt McKoy from Texas. haha. I hope they go with Tebow ;)
It's going to be a difficult call as to if the Pack will go for an offensive guard/tackle, defensive back, or outside linebacker to help Matthews...
Denver will have to try and find some wide outs in rounds 2/3 to fill the Brandon Marshall void.
I'm so friggn' pumped for the draft! However, then there is the sad realization that football is still 5 months away-until then it's friggn' baseball. A gross.
Yeah, Denver is going to have to do something to beef up their passing game. I just hope Eddie Royal doesn't have another off year for them. He's not a legitimate number one receiver, though, so they're going to have to find somebody. I just know that Dex Bryant isn't the guy, so I hope they don't draft him.
As far as Tebow goes, I think he'll end up in either Minnesota or New England. I actually really like him, despite my hatred for Florida sports teams, so I'm rooting for him to do well. There's been a lot of talk about him going to Jacksonville, too, but we'll see if that's really an options.
Tebow was like a celebrity at Florida, so I could see him going to Jacksonville out of a sheer business standpoint. Out of New England, Minnesota, and Jacksonville-I think he fits best in Jacksonville. Tebow likes to do a lot of quasi-wildcat stuff-running the ball A LOT! Minnesota already has that in Tavaris Jackson, that isn't New England's style at all, but Jacksonville is in need of a QB-even if he sits behind Garrard for a while to continue working on mechanics and to get developed a bit into the NFL. I think if he were to start this year, he'd get eaten alive.
I have a strong feeling for some reason that Green Bay might trade up to get a star OL, OLB, or CB. Since we're low in the first round, I could see trying to jump up by giving our 1st rounder and maybe a 3rd to go up a few spots to grab Wilson....Just sayin.
Post a Comment